Dr. Barbara Odom-Wesley Spirit of Achievement Scholarship
Feb 16, 2019 by
until Feb 16, 2019 at 11:59pm
This assignment was locked Feb 16, 2019 at 11:59pm.
Barbara Odom Wesley Scholarship.pdf
African-American female high school senior attending school in Tarrant County or Grand Prairie, Texas:
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Completed Scholarship Application
- Complete Academic Profile
- Complete Community Service Verification
- Application and required documents must be postmarked by February 17, 2018 – submissions postmarked after the deadline will not be considered.
- If applicant becomes a finalist, a personal interview may be required. Finalists will be notified of interview by March 17, 2018
- Official application form
- Completed Academic Profile – Must be signed by high school counselor. Submitting an incomplete form will disqualify your application.
- Official high school transcript - Transcript must be unopened with the counselor’s signature along the back of the envelope. Submitting an unofficial transcript will disqualify your application.
- Proof of SAT or ACT score – All scores must be sealed and unopened. Students can order their scores from the ACT/SAT testing websites. Submitting unsealed scores will disqualify your application.
Two letters of recommendation from any of the following categories:
- School - Teacher, Principal, Counselor
- Community – Community Organization Sponsor, Civic Leader, Minister/Pastor
- Sorority - Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
1000 word typed essay, 1” margin, doubled spaced, 12 point - Times Roman font style on the topic:
- How do you achieve excellence in leadership?
Scholarship funds will be disbursed and administered through the college or university upon receipt of proof of enrollment
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.